Cross examination is defined as, “the examination of a witness upon a trial or hearing.” It is carried out by the party opposed to the one who produced the witness. The purpose of cross examination is to test the truthfulness of the witness. Cross examination gives us the opportunity to test the credibility or validity of the witness. Islam testifies that Allah is the true God. Is this true? In order to ascertain if this is true or not, we will have to put Islam on the witness stand. We will now cross examine Islam.
Thinking is not driven by answers but by questions. Had no questions been permitted to be asked by those who seek knowledge, it signals the tragic end of wisdom, understanding and insight of the seeker. And, of course, an end to knowledge itself. Every declarative statement of truth is an answer to a question. In the Bible, Christians are encouraged to ask, seek and knock.
Matthew 7:7-8: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who seeks finds, and to everyone who knocks it will be opened.”
But, this is not true with Islam. Allah and Muhammad discourage Muslims from asking questions. From infancy Muslims are groomed to abstain from questioning the tenents of Islam.
Surah 5:101-102: “O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble…Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.” (Yusuf Ali)
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 92:
Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet was asked about things which he did not like, but when the questioners insisted, the Prophet got angry.
EVEN SO, WE STILL NEED TO ASK:
- Why did Allah and Muhammad discourage people from asking questions? What is Islam trying to hide? Is blind faith the way to Islam?
- Why did Muhammad become angry at those who asked him questions?
- Why were people warned by Allah not to ask questions?
- How is that in Islam, questioning can lead to losing one’s faith?
- Does not this prove that even the right answers can lead to losing one’s faith in Islam?
Only an information control cult would discourage anyone from asking questions. Is it rational to accept any one religion as the true religion without investigating or questioning it? Surely not! Therefore, we will now question Muslims about the teachings of Islam.
(1) ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS OF ISLAM, WHEN THE “MUSLIM JESUS” RETURNS TO EARTH, HE WILL KILL ALL THE PIGS WHEREVER THESE POOR CREATURES MAY BE FOUND.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Did Allah create the universe and everything in it? (Muslim: “Of course!”)
- Does Allah love his creation that he has made? (Muslim: “Seventy times more than a mother.”)
- Does Allah love all his creations? (Muslim: “Yes. Most definitely!”)
- Does Allah love pigs? (Muslim: “Hmm…”)
We have included the time-tested response from Muslims to the above questions. Muslims will not answer the final simple question because it would lead to a contradiction.
(2) MUSLIMS PROUDLY CLAIM THAT ALLAH ADVOCATES MODESTY AND SEXUAL RESTRAINT IN HIS WORSHIPPERS.
However when we examine Islam, we find that the teachings of Allah belies this claim. One has to only look at the incentives that Allah reserves for pious Muslim men in the hereafter to determine this truth. Provided below are evidences exposing the baseless claims by Muslims that Allah advocates modesty:
Surah 56:22-23: “And there will be Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes as wives for the pious, Like unto preserved pearls.” (Hilali-Khan)
Surah 78:31-33: “But for the pious is prepared a place of bliss: Gardens planted with trees, and vineyards, and damsels with swelling breasts, of equal age with themselves.” (Sale)
Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Hadith Number 3834:
Narrated by Al-Miqdam ibn Ma’dikarib: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “The martyr receives six good things from Allah: he is forgiven at the first shedding of his blood; he is shown his abode in Paradise; he is preserved from the punishment in the grave; he is kept safe from the greatest terror; he has placed on his head the crown of honour, a ruby of which is better than the world and what it contains; he is married to seventy-two wives of the maidens with large dark eyes; and is made intercessor for seventy of his relatives.”
The Shorter Encyclopedia of Islam states on page 141, under the word, “Hur”:
“When the believer enters Paradise he is welcomed by one of these beings; a large number of them are at his disposal; he cohabits with each of them as often as he has fasted days in Ramadan and as often as he has performed good works besides. Yet they remain always virgins.”
Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Hadith Number 2459:
A man will have intercourse in Paradise with his wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn and his wives from among the people of this world, if they enter Paradise with him. A man will be given the strength of a hundred men to eat, drink, feel desire and have sexual intercourse. It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such and such strength for sexual intercourse.” He was asked, “O Messenger of Allah, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of one hundred (men).” (Al-Tirmidhi said it is saheeh ghareeb).
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If the claim that Allah advocates modesty is true, why does Allah himself encourage and arouse greedy sexual appetite in his worshippers in hereafter?
- Why are pious Muslim men rewarded with unlimited sexual pleasure with a large numbers of perpetual virgins in the Islamic heaven?
- Is this not a contradiction to the claim of modesty
- Does Allah have a double moral standard, one for the earth and another for heaven?
- Would the true God resort to sexual incentive as a means to secure believers?
- Would the true God, wherein to entice his worshippers with sexual propositions, actually inspire a verse which says that in heaven they will find women with swelling breasts?
- Would the true God create a heaven that is nothing but a sensual playground for man to indulge in sexual activities with multiple partners all day long?
- Would the true God seduce his worshippers with promises of carnal pleasure?
- Why are the rewards of Allah, as almost everything else in Islam, directed only to the men?
- Is orgasm the epitome of Islam’s heaven?
- Is this not an indication of a shameful attempt to recruit believers by a spiritually bankrupt religion?
- According to the teachings of Islam every Muslim man who makes it into Allah’s Paradise will be granted seventy-two Houris solely for the purpose of sex enjoyment. How do you reconcile your claim that Allah is against lewdness with the carnal nature of the Islamic Paradise?
- If a certain act is considered as sinful here on earth, would not reason dictate that by the same unchangeable standard of God, it would also be considered as sinful in heaven – the very dwelling place of God?
- Can Allah’s reward of unlimited sex, day in and day out, really satisfy the spiritual aspiration of a truly God-fearing person?
- Is not Allah’s Paradise more of a celestial brothel where depraved men indulge in lustful activities all day long without any moral restraint than a holy place?
- Can you honestly say that the environment of Allah’s Paradise discourages covetous sexual appetite?
- Can you truly say that Allah advocates modesty and sexual restraint in his worshippers?
- Can the true God be the originator of a place such as immoral as this or is it Satan?
Consider now the divine standard of Jehovah:
Colossians 3:5: “Deaden, therefore, your body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite.”
We can be sure that this same divine standard applies in heaven.
(3) MUSLIMS CLAIM THAT ISLAM IS FAIR TO WOMEN.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If true, what are the rewards for deserving female Muslims in Paradise according to the Qur’an?
- How can Paradise be considered as a delight for faithful Muslim wives when for all eternity they have to watch their husbands go about copulating all those dark-eyed heavenly virgins?
- If a Muslim woman was married more than once while she was living on earth, to which husband will she become a wife to in Paradise?
- If a man gets seventy-two virgins in Paradise, will he really have time for his wife?
- Regarding inheritance the Qur’an states in Surah 4:11: “The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females.” Does not this verse mathematically establish the fact that Islam is discriminatory towards women?
- Regarding testimonies in court, the Qur’an states in Surah 2:282: “And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.” Once again, does not this verse mathematically establish the fact that Islam is discriminatory towards women?
- Why is a man’s testimony worth twice the testimony of a woman in the Islamic court? Since the testimony of woman is only half of that of a man, how can a Muslim woman who is raped by a Muslim man, testify against him?
- The Qur’an states in Surah 2:223: “Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will.” How can Allah compare the husband’s dominion over his wife’s body to that of a piece of land?
- Is there no mutual respect for each other’s body in the relationship between a husband and a wife in Islam?
(4) THE QUR’AN STATES THAT GOD CANNOT HAVE A SON WITHOUT A CONSORT (WIFE).
Surah 6:101: “To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort?” (Yusuf Ali)
Yet, the Qur’an itself records that Mary had a son without a consort.
Surah 19:20-21: She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste! He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained. (Pickthall)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If Mary could produce a son without a husband, why would it be impossible for the Almighty Creator to produce a son without a wife?
- Why do you believe that the Almighty God is incapable of doing something that he himself empowered Mary to do?
- If Mary can beget a son without the sexual involvement of a husband, why cannot the Almighty God produce a son without the sexual association of a wife
- If Almighty God was able to create the vast universe and every living being in it out of nothing, why is he unable to produce a son for himself without a wife?
- When you say that God cannot have a son without a consort, is this not limiting God’s almightiness?
And the Qur’an acknowledges:
Surah 39:4: “If Allah had willed to choose a son, He could have chosen what He would of that which He hath created.”
- Well, does not this Qur’anic verse prove that God can and could have a son?
- That he could have a son anytime he wants?
- And that He could simply create a son for himself?Is this not exactly what the Holy Bible teaches? (Colossians 1:15)
- The Qur’an is based completely on the personal experiences of one illiterate man spanning a period of 23 years. Only one person allegedly saw the “angel.” Only one person allegedly heard a voice. The entire faith is limited to one book with only one person who allegedly received the vision. There is absolutely no way to verify anything. Our question is, “Does not this then mean that the only way to become a Muslim is to take this one man’s word for it?”
(5) THE QUR’AN LIMITS THE NUMBER OF WIVES A MUSLIM CAN HAVE TO FOUR AT A TIME.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Why would Allah allow Muhammad to have at least nine wives besides concubines at the same time, and then command that Muslim men have no more than four?
- Why was Muhammad made an exception?
- Are Allah’s revealed messages not applicable for him?
- Why is Muhammad the only prophet who did not live up to the very messages he delivered?
(6) MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT WHEN JESUS WAS EXECUTED, HE CRIED OUT TO GOD USING THE TERM, “ALLAH.” WHILE THE BIBLE RECORDS THAT JESUS CRIED OUT, “ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI,” MUSLIMS CLAIM THAT HE CRIED OUT, “ALLAH, ALLAH, LAMA SABACHTHANI.”
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Can you please explain why you use this argument when you do not believe Jesus was ever nailed to the torture stake?
- Since Jesus was quoting Psalms 22:1 on the torture stake, can both the Hebrew and the Christian Greek Scriptures be wrong in using “Eli,” a Hebrew word, rather than Allah, an Arabic word?”
Muslims claim that pedophilia is never encouraged in Islam. However, Surah 65:4 clearly teaches that Muslim men can marry and engage in sex with prepubescent girls. Muhammad married Aisha when she was only six-years-old and had sex with her when she was nine.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:
Narrated By ‘Aisha : That the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Why do you claim that sex is only allowed with girls after they have had their first menses, when the Qur’an allows sex with prepubescent girls? (Surah 65:4)
- Is sex between a 54-year-old man and a 9-year-old girl, immoral or moral?
- Is not sex with minors considered as statutory rape in the laws of today’s civilized societies?
- Why do you condemn an ordinary person for engaging in pedophilia, but not your prophet when he practiced it?
- Why do you make excuses for him?
- Since Muslims consider Muhammad as a perfect example to emulate for all eternity, would you, as a Muslim, marry your six-year-old daughter to a man in his fifties?
- If not, why not?
(8) MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT THE DOCTRINE OF BLOOD ATONEMENT FOR SIN IS AN INVENTION OF CHRISTIANS.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Under the Mosaic Law, what were the Jews doing on the “Day of Atonement” since 1513 B.C.E.?
Muslims claim that Islam cares for the orphans.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If Islam truly cares for orphans, why does it then ban adoption? (Surah 33:4)
- What is it that is so evil about the noble practice of adoption that Allah prohibits it?
- Does not adoption benefit both the orphaned child and the childless couple who may be in a position to adopt the child?
- Why was adoption prohibited by Allah only after Muhammad desired his adopted son’s wife? (Surah 33:4-5).
- Why was the legal relationship between Muhammad and his adopted son as “father and son” invalided by Allah only after Muhammad developed a craving for his adopted son’s wife? (Surah 33:40).
- If Islam is truly compassionate and reasonable, why does it deprive thousands of Muslim orphans from getting a second chance to become legitimate members of a loving family? If widows, widowers and divorcees can get a second chance to a family life, why not orphans?
- How can Islam then claim that it cares for orphaned children when it forbids them from becoming members of a family that they could call their own?
- Is not Allah’s ruling to deprive the orphan from securing a legitimate family life cruel and heartless? Is not true that in Islam if you are once an orphan you are always an orphan?
- Why should not people have the right to adopt children in Islam?
- Why should not orphan children have the right to have adoptive parents in Islam?
Even animals are known to adopt – even of a different kind. Cats have adopted helpless puppies. And dogs too have been known to adopt and nurse stray kittens.
Muslims extol polygamy for various reasons.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If true, why do most Muslim wives disagree with their husband getting a second wife even though Allah has allowed their husbands to have up to four wives? (Surah 4:3)
- Are these women bad Muslims?
- If polygamy is God’s standard for marriage, why was Adam given only a single wife by God?
- Is not the original standard for marriage by God the gold standard?
- Since it is not stated anywhere in the Qur’an that a Muslim husband must require the permission of his first wife before marrying a second, why do Muslims falsely claim this to be so? Are they proving to more righteous than Allah?
Muslims believe that while the Bible has become corrupted, the Qur’an is free from corruption.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Since the Qur’an admits that the Torah, Psalms and the Gospel are the Words of God (Surah 5:44; Surah 4:163; Surah 5:46) and the Words of God cannot be changed (Surah 10:64), then does not this confirm that each time you claim the Bible to be corrupted, you are in fact proving the Qur’an to be false?
- How can the corrupted Bible accurately state that the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22) and that it hangs upon nothing (Job 26:7) while the uncorrupted Qur’an inaccurately states that the earth is as flat as a spread out carpet? (Surah 15:19 / Surah 43:10).
- How can a corrupt book be scientifically more accurate than an uncorrupted book?
- Even though Muslims claim the Bible to be corrupted, why do they still accept as true that it prophesized the coming of Muhammad? Why do you quote Deuteronomy 18:18 and John 16:13 as uncorrupted prophecies of Muhammad in the Bible?
- Why do you, as a Muslim, still use this very same corrupted Bible to validate Muhammad’s prophethood? Is it logical for someone claiming the food to be poisoned, to still find parts of it suitable for consumption?
- Can you prove when the Bible became corrupted? In other words, up to what period of time in history was the “true uncorrupted Bible” in circulation?
- Where are the “uncorrupted Bibles” now to give evidence of the corruption of the Bibles we have today?
- To prove that the dollar somebody holds is forged, you have to have the authentic dollar to compare it with the forged dollar. Do Muslims have the “true authentic Bible” to compare it with the Bible that we have today?
- Since the entire Muslim world is unable to produce a single copy of the supposedly “authentic Bible,” does not this then prove that the claim of Bible corruption is totally unsubstantiated? What happened to Allah’s promise to preserve his messages? (Surah 15:9).
- Does not this then prove that the Bible in our possession is actually the original authentic Bible that Allah has promised to preserve?
- Do you realize that by believing that the Bible has become corrupted, you are actually saying that Allah lied in the Qur’an? (Surah 18:27).
When Muhammad had doubts, Allah told him to seek out those who studied the Bible in order to clear his doubts.
Surah 10:94: “And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture that was before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.” (Pickthall)
Those who read the Scriptures before Muhammad were the Jews and the Christians. They read the Torah and the Gospel. We continue with our questions:
- When do you believe the Bible was corrupted, was this before or after Muhammad?
- If before, does it make sense for Allah to direct Muhammad to seek out those read corrupted Scriptures to clear his doubt?
- If before, why did Allah command Muhammad to seek guidance from corrupted Scriptures to clear his doubts?
- If before, how can Allah say in the Qur’an that there is guidance and light in the Torah and the Gospels? (Surah 5:44-46)
- If after, how is this possible since the current translations of the Bible are all based upon manuscripts that predate Muhammad?
- Since these ancient manuscripts are preserved in museums, is not the claim by Muslims a lie?
(12) THE FIRST MUSLIM
The Qur’an states Muhammad was the first Muslim. (Surah 6:163). However, it also that Abraham who lived centuries before Muhammad was a Muslim. (Surah 3:67). And The Qur’an states that the disciples of Jesus who lived before Muhammad were also Muslims. (Surah 5: 111). In fact, the Qur’an claims that all prophets, from the time of Abraham to Muhammad were Muslims. (Surah 22:78)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Since the Qur’an states that Muhammad was the first Muslim, while at the same time declaring that there were Muslims before the time of Muhammad, is this not a clear proof of the existence of a contradiction in the Qur’an?
- How are you going to reconcile the Qur’an’s claim that Muhammad was the first Muslim with the Qur’an’s statement that Abraham who lived before him was also a Muslim?
- How are you going to reconcile the Qur’an’s claim that Muhammad was the first Muslim with the Qur’an’s statement that the disciples of Jesus who lived before him were Muslims?
- Do you not agree that if Abraham was truly a Muslim as the Qur’an claims, then Muhammad cannot be the first Muslim?
- Do you not agree that if the disciples of Jesus were truly Muslims as the Qur’an claims, then Muhammad cannot be the first Muslim?
- Do you not agree that one or the other verse in the Qur’an is a lie?
- Does this not clearly prove that the Qur’an contains a false statement in it?
- Will the true Word of God contain an error in it?
- As such, can you really trust the Qur’an as the Word of God?
- Who was the first Muslim? The Qur’an gives the following answers: Muhammad (Surah 6:14, Surah 6:163), Abraham (Surah 2:127-133, Surah 3:67) Moses (Surah 7:143), some unnamed Egyptians (Surah 26:51), Disciples of Jesus (Surah 5:111). So Muslims, according to your Qur’an, who was the first Muslim?
In Islamic theology, the absolute power of Allah prevails over everything – including the freewill of humans. Islam teaches that Allah has decreed all things. Both good and evil are said to come from Allah. Not only the time of death but even the outcome of the person’s salvation or condemnation is predetermined by Allah.
Surah 3:145: “Nor can a soul die except by Allah’s leave, the term being fixed as by writing.” (Yusuf Ali)
Surah 5:41: “He whom Allah doometh unto sin, thou (by thine efforts) wilt avail him naught against Allah. Those are they for whom the Will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom.” (Pickthall)
Surah 4:88: “Would you guide whom Allah has caused to err? And whom Allah has led astray cannot be guided.” (Dawood)
Surah 57:22: “Every misfortune that befalls the earth, or on your own person, is ordained before We bring it into being. That is easy for Allah.” (Dawood)
Surah 91:7-8: “By the soul and Who shaped it and inspired it with its sin and its piety.” (Qaribullah)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Does not the teaching of predestination essentially mean that right from the start of mankind’s creation, all the wicked deeds performed by every individual are actually designed, inspired and motivated by Allah?
- Is it justifiable for Allah to punish you for the sins that he himself destined you to commit?
- Is this not comparable to the giving of a speeding ticket to the vehicle instead of the driver who drove the vehicle?
- If predestination is true, is not Allah the driver of the vehicle of your life?
- Should not Allah receive the punishment for your sins?
- What kind of God would punish you for the sins that he himself inspired in you before you were even born?
- Would not such a God be both sadistic and evil in nature?
- If your final destination in the hereafter is already predestined for you by Allah, does not this in actual fact then mean that your final destination is not dependent by your response, either favorably or unfavorably, to the teachings of Muhammad or the Qur’an?
- Does not this then mean that in reality, there is no need for either the Qur’an or Muhammad?
- If your final place of “eternal damnation” is already determined for you before you were even born, can you then alter your destiny by attempting to live a virtuous life after you are born?
- Is it not also true that according to the teaching of predestination you cannot even choose to live a virtuous life unless you are predestined by Allah to do so?
- Does not this then mean that you are damned no matter what you do if you are damned by Allah? Can you change your destiny?
- Will the true God leave you without choice? Can Allah really then be the true God?
Prayer is respectful communication between man and God. Christians are free to pray to their God from anywhere, from any direction, in any (respectable) position, at any time of the day or night and they can be assured that their beloved God would listen to them. To insist that you have to face a specific direction to talk to God is an insult to his Almightiness.
Psalms 4:1: “When I call, answer me, O my righteous God.”
However, whenever Muslims want to pray to Allah, they are commanded to do so at certain specific times, face a specific direction and follow a specific ritual.
Surah 2:144: We have seen the turning of thy face to heaven (for guidance, O Muhammad). And now verily We shall make thee turn (in prayer) toward a qiblah which is dear to thee. So turn thy face toward the Inviolable Place of Worship, and ye (O Muslims), wheresoever ye may be, turn your faces (when ye pray) toward it. (Pickthall)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- At the time when Allah revealed Surah 2:144 to change the Qiblah from Jerusalem to Mecca, the Ka’ba was still a pagan shrine housing 360 pagan idols. Why would Allah permit his Prophet to bow towards the Ka’ba while it was still polluted with 360 pagan idols?
- Why must the prayers of the Muslims be directed towards the pagan shrine in order to reach the ears of Allah?
- Since the Blackstone was venerated by the pagans during pre-Islamic days, why are Muslims all over the world commanded to face this very pagan Blackstone whenever they pray?
- If you say it to unify Muslims, why are there hundreds of Muslim sects in Islam?
- Why are these Islamic sects, who while praying unitedly towards the same direction, still fighting and killing each other, even within the same sect?
- The Sunnis and the Shias face the same direction when they pray, why are they then not united?
- Why must all the prayers recited at every mosque – even in non-Arabic countries – be in Arabic?
- Does not Allah understand other languages?
- If you say it to unify Muslims, why are these very same Muslims who while praying unitedly in Arabic, still fighting and killing each other?
- Why did Allah command Muslims to pray on five specific times whereas Christians are free to pray whenever and as many times as they like?
- Where is Allah during other times?
- Why cannot Muslim males and females pray together, like Christians in a family unit?
- Why are Muslim women prevented from praying when they are having their menses?
Muslims claim that the Qur’an is inspired by God and it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology. Yet the Qur’an states in Surah 86:6-7 that “man was created from ejected liquid – proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.” This echoes the erroneous theory of Hippocrates who believed that the semen originates, from the brain down the spinal chord, before passing through the kidneys and finally out of the body. (Hippocratic Writings, Penguin Classics, 1983, p. 317)
It is an established scientific fact that both sperm and male sex hormones are produced in two plum sized glands called the testes. The testes lie in a sac called the scrotum that hangs outside the body. This design helps to maintain a set temperature, slightly below body temperature, which is essential for the production of healthy sperm.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- How is it that Allah is unaware of this simple fact about the functions of the human body?
- Why did Allah forget the testicles?
- Why did not Allah have a clue about sperm or the purpose of the testicles?
- Can Allah then truly be the Creator of mankind?
- Can the Qur’an truly be the Word of God when it contains a serious scientific error?
- Does it not take one lie in the Qur’an to prove that Islam is false?
- Why do Muslims reject established modern science and blindly believe the Qur’an when it says that sperm originates from the mid-gut section of a man’s body?
It is a commonly held belief among Muslims that Muhammad was sinless. However, the Qur’an clearly teaches that Muhammad was a sinner and just like any other human, needed forgiveness.
Surah 40:55: “Then have patience (O Muhammad). Lo! The promise of Allah is true. And ask forgiveness of thy sin, and hymn the praise of thy Lord at fall of night and in the early hours.” (Pickthall)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If Muhammad was sinless, then why did Allah command him to ask for forgiveness for his sins in the Qur’an?
(17) IS ALLAH EVIL?
In this topic, the question is raised in the topic itself. To be fair to Muslims, we will let Allah answer this question. Allah’s answer:
Surah 4:78: “Wheresoever ye may be, death will overtake you, even though ye were in lofty towers. Yet if a happy thing befalleth them they say: This is from Allah; and if an evil thing befalleth them they say: This is of thy doing (O Muhammad). Say (unto them): All is from Allah. What is amiss with these people that they come not nigh to understand a happening?” (Pickthall)
According to the above Surah, some people in Muhammad’s time believed that when good things happened to them, it came from Allah but when evil things befell them, they blamed Muhammad for the evil outcome. However, Allah corrected them by saying that both good and evil comes from him. In other words, evil comes from him.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- How can Muslims say that Allah is not evil when Allah himself admits that all evil comes from him?
- If evil comes from Allah, is he not then the source of that evil?
- Is not evil an attribution of Satan?
Consider the damaging words of Allah in this verse:
Surah 113:1-2: “ Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of Daybreak. From the evil of that which He created.”
- Since Surah 113:1-2 clearly advise Muslims to seek refuge from the evil that Allah created, does not this Qur’anic verse clearly acknowledges that Allah is the creator of evil?
- Would not it be foolish to flee from an evil only to seek refuge in the very creator of that evil?
- Since this verse is telling you to seek refuge from the evil that Allah has created, does not this actually require you to seek refuge from Allah himself?
- Does not this revelation about Allah’s true nature in the Qur’an put you on alert?
- Since Allah is the origin of that evil, is he not also the epitome of that evil?
- Since Muslims are cautioned to take refuge from the evil of Satan and also from the evil that Allah created, what does this reveal to you about Allah and Satan?
- Are they not one and the same?
(18) DID JESUS DIE?
The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus came to earth to die as a ransom sacrifice for mankind:
Mark 10:45: For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many.”
But, Muslims are taught to believe that Jesus did not die. They are taught to believe that he was taken alive to heaven without having to experience death. Their belief is based on two verses in the Qur’an:
Surah 4:157-158: And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure. Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. (Shakir)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- If true, why is it stated in Surah 3:144: “Muhammad is but a Messenger. All Messengers before him have passed on.”? (Shabbir Ahmed)
- Are you now prepared to deny the Qur’an’s clear teaching that Jesus is a Messenger of God and like Messengers before him, he died?
- If Jesus did not die, why does Surah 19:33 record Jesus as saying: “Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive.”? (Pickthall)
- Does not the chronological sequence in this verse show that Jesus has to die before being raised to the heavens?
- Why do Muslim scholars, in their desperation to avoid a contradiction in the Qur’an, deliberately distort the straightforward chronological sequence in this verse?
- If Jesus did not die, why does the Qur’an record Allah as saying in Surah 3:55: “Lo! God said: “O Jesus! Verily, I shall cause thee to die, and shall exalt thee unto Me.”? (Asad)
- Does not this Qur’anic verse specifically mention the death of Jesus before his ascension?
And the Qur’an records the following conversation that Jesus had with Allah after his ascension to heaven:
Surah 5:117: Nothing did I tell them beyond what Thou didst bid me to say: `Worship God, who is my Sustainer as well as your Sustainer.’ And I bore witness to what they did as long as I dwelt in their midst; but since Thou hast caused me to die, Thou alone hast been their keeper: for Thou art witness unto everything. (Asad)
- Does not this Qur’anic verse clearly show that now in presence of Allah after his ascension to heaven, Jesus spoke of his death as already having occurred?
- Why do you insist that Jesus did not die when the Qur’an itself says: “Every soul must taste of death”? (Surah 21:35).
- Do you not agree that the Qur’an not only contradicts the Bible’s account regarding the death of Jesus but it also contradicts itself?
- Do not all these evidences prove that the Qur’an is a book of contradiction?
- So Muslims which is true? Did Jesus die before his ascension to heaven or did he not?
(19) A DECEPTIVE DEITY
In the Bible we can read how Jehovah God cares for his prophets. He protects them from being deceived by their adversaries:
Psalms 105:14-15: “And God did not allow any human to defraud them, But on their account he reproved kings, Saying: ‘Do not you men touch my anointed ones, And to my prophets do nothing bad.’”
In complete contrast, we find Allah doing the very opposite. He defrauds the prophets by appointing evil men and demons to lead them astray.
Surah 6:112: “So have We appointed for every Prophet an enemy – devils of men and Jinns; who inspire each other with seductive, deceptive speech which leads astray.” (H. S. Aziz)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Does not this Quranic verse show that the demons, Allah and evil men are all working togather, hand in hand as partners, to mislead the prophets?
- Instead of protecting the prophets, why should Allah personally appoint “devils of men and Jinns” to seduce the prophets to commit sin?
- Will the true God scheme with the demons to lead astray his own prophets?
- Can you not see the immense difference between Allah and Jehovah?
- Who do you think behaves like a true Creator?
- Who do you think behaves like a true God?
- Is it not Jehovah?
- Satan misleads people. As such, are not the characteristics of Allah and Satan identical?
- Now that you have come to know that Allah works along with demons and evil men to mislead the prophets, can you continue to trust him?
- If Allah can do that to his prophets who are assigned to guide mankind, will he not also scheme to mislead you?
- What assurance do you have that he would not mislead you?
- How do you know that he has not already misled you?
Surah 32:13: If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance: but the Word from Me will come true, “I will fill Hell with Jinns and men all together.” (Yusuf Ali)
- How can you submit to a deity who intentionally holds back guidance for the sole pleasure of filling Hell with mankind (and Jinns)?
- How can you submit to a deity who is more eager in fulfilling his quota of people in Hell rather than guiding them to their salvation?
As for Jehovah, it is against the nature of his divine holiness to employ evil as a means to even simply test someone.
James 1:13: Let no man say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God.” For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither does He tempt anyone with evil things.
(20) FROM FIFTY TO FIVE DAILY PRAYERS
Surah 17:1: “Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, Whose precincts We did bless, – in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He Is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).” (Yusuf Ali)
According to the Qur’an, Allah allegedly took Muhammad on a journey from the Ka’ba in Mecca to the farthest Mosque at Jerusalem. Muslims view Muhammad’s Night Journey with great importance for the reason that this journey determined the Islamic ritual of praying five times a day. In other words, Muhammad’s Night Journey has an impact on the lives of more than a billion Muslims all over the world – five times – each and every day.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 227:
Narrated By Abbas bin Malik: Malik bin Sasaa said that Allah’s Apostle described to them his Night Journey saying…“Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me…. The animal’s step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal’s sight. I was carried on it, and Gabriel set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven.”
“….Then the prayers were enjoined on me: They were fifty prayers a day. When I returned, I passed by Moses who asked (me), ‘What have you been ordered to do?’ I replied, ‘I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.’ Moses said, ‘Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah, I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel (in vain). Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers’ burden.’ So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Moses he said the same, I went back to Allah and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.”
There are twenty-four hours in a day. If Allah’s original plan is for Muslims to pray fifty times a day, Muslims would hardly have sufficient time left for work, sleep or family. Let’s do the maths. If we were to allow just fifteen minutes for each of the fifty prayer rituals along with the ablutions, it will amount to 12.5 hours (15X50 mins.). And this does not include the time it takes to travel to the mosque and back for those who prefer to pray there. However, on Fridays all Muslim males are required to pray at the mosque. A day has only 24 hours. Even going by the very bare minimum, a Muslim is now left with 11 and ½ hours. Most employment requires a person to work at least 8 hours a day on the average. What about the time spent traveling to and fro from work? If we were to deduct an average of just 10 hours for employment, the Muslim is now left with just 1 and ½ hours. And humans need at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep to remain healthy.
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Does not Allah know that there are only 24 hours in a day?
- Does not Allah know that his worshippers need to work, eat, sleep and care for their families?
- Why did not Allah know that even going by the bare minimum, Muslims will not be able cope with his absurd demand to pray fifty times a day?
- Did not Allah know that it would be impossible for Muslims to accomplish this unreasonable command to stop every 28.8 minutes for prayer?
- Can Allah really then be the all knowing God as you claim?
- Since a Muslim will have to stop working twice each hour to pray, would any employer, in his right mind, employ a Muslim?
- Why did not Allah tell Muhammad to pray five times a day in the first place?
- Does not this show that Moses was much wiser than Allah?
- Does not this also prove that Moses was more in tune with reality than Allah?
- How could Moses – a mere human – come up with a more practical solution for Muslims than Allah?
- Why did Allah allow Moses to change his commandments if all his commandments are perfect from the start?
- Instead of submitting to Allah’s commandment willingly, why did Muhammad choose to follow the contradictory advice of Moses to reduce the number of prayers?
- Is this not an indication that Muhammad doubts the perfection of Allah’s commandments?
- Can you imagine what life would have been like for you if it were not for Moses?
- As it is, Muslims find it difficult to pray five times a day, can you imagine how difficult it would be for you if you had to pray fifty times a day?
- Does not this show that Allah is nothing but a selfish, egotistical deity who wants to be praised all the time?
- Does not this show that only an irrational deity would make such an unreasonable demand?
- Will the true God dictate how many times in a day his worshippers should pray to him?
- Will the true God dictate the specific times in a day his worshippers should pray to him?
- Are not prayers something that comes from the heart with no time requirement?
- Since most Muslims cannot even pray five times every day of their life, are they not continually tormented by the fear that they will die without having fulfilled their obligation?
Even the reduced number of five daily prayers at specific times has proven to be counter productive to the economy growth of many Muslim nations.
Prayer works through love. In Christianity, there is no such compulsion. Jehovah wants heartfelt prayers. Not scripted prayers that are demanded to be expressed in a specific number of times and at certain specific times. There is no such thing as fixed time prayers in Christianity. According to the Bible, a Christian can pray at any time before his God. The Bible prescribes neither the form nor the amount of prayer required of the believer. In the Bible, prayer is always voluntary, never a compulsion, although this does not contradict the fact, that God has told his worshippers to persevere in prayer.
- Muslims claim that all the early wars fought by Muslims were defensive wars. Our question is, “What were the early Muslims defending in Spain and France?”
- “Why do Muslims so often go on a violent rampage after Friday prayers?”
- During the 2004 tsunami, Muslim news-media all over the world showed photos of a Mosque still standing after the disaster. They ascribe this to Allah’s miraculous powers. Our question is, “Why does not Allah likewise prevent hundreds of Mosques from being desecrated during earthquakes in Muslim countries?”
- In Surah 5:51, Allah tells Muslims not to take Christians as friends and protectors. Our question is, “So why do Muslims so shamelessly accept aid from Christian nations?
(21) PAGANISM IN ISLAM
Muhammad’s life began and ended up with a pagan religion with the only difference being that he repackaged it in a monotheistic framework. The fact that many of the rituals performed in the name of Allah are connected to pagan worship shows that Islam was conceived in idolatry. Such practices are consistent with pre-Islamic pagan rituals involving the Ka’ba. Also, the striking similarities between Hinduism and Islam are too strong to be passed off as coincidences.
Surah 2:158: “Lo! (the mountains) As-Safa and Al-Marwah are among the indications of Allah. It is therefore no sin for him who is on pilgrimage to the House (of Allah) or visiteth it, to go around them (as the pagan custom is).” (Pickthall)
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 23:
Narrated By ‘Asim bin Sulaiman: I asked Anas bin Malik about Safa and Marwa (i.e. two mountains at Mecca). Anas replied, “We used to consider (i.e. going around) them a custom of the Pre-Islamic period of Ignorance, so when Islam came, we gave up going around them. Then Allah revealed, ‘Verily, Safa and Marwa (i.e. two mountains at Mecca) are among the Symbols of Allah. So it is not harmful of those who perform the Hajj of the House (of Allah) or perform the Umra to ambulate (Tawaf) between them.’” (Surah 2:158)
OUR QUESTION IS:
- How can the very same two mountains that were sacred to the pagans become the “Symbols of Allah”?
- How can the very same pagan ritualistic practice of running between the two hills also become a part of the ritual of the Hajj in Islam?
- Why was the Arab pagan ritual of going around the Ka’ba also retained in Islam?
- Why are there so many striking similarities between the rites of Hinduism and Islam?
- The Hindu worshippers of Shiva walk around the symbol of Shiva seven times. In the Islamic ritual of Tawaf, the Muslims also similarly circumnavigate the Ka’ba seven times. Why do both the worshippers of Shiva and the worshippers of Allah observe a rite in which they walk around their object of reverence seven times?
- How is it in both of these rituals, Hindus and Muslims alike utter religious phrases repeated during the circumambulation?
- Why are both Hindu and Muslim male devotees required to shave their heads during their pilgrimage?
- During their pilgrimage, the Hindu males dress in a type seamless garment that is known as Dhoti. Why are male Muslim pilgrims also required to dress in a garment consisting of two seamless sheets of white cloth in imitation of their Hindu counterparts?
- In Hinduism, the symbol of Shiva is a Black Stone identified as Shiva lingam. In Islam, the Black Stone at the Ka’ba is also similarly held sacred by Muslims. Why are the objects of reverence of both the worshippers of Shiva and Muslims Black Stones?
- Hindus drink water from the Ganga River as part of the sacred rites in their worship of Shiva. Why do Muslims in like manner also drink from the Well of Zamzam during their sacred rites of the Hajj?
- The Crescent moon is associated with the Hindu deity Shiva. In the Hindu portrayal of Shiva, the crescent moon is always painted across his forehead. Is it a coincidence that the Crescent moon is also a symbol of Islam?
- In every portrayal of Shiva, there is always a depiction of a snake curled around his neck. According to Islamic sources, the Ka’ba was once guarded by a snake during pre-Islamic times. And it was Allah who sent the snake to guard the pagan treasures of the Ka’ba.
Tarikh Makka by Al-Azraqi:
From that day Allah sent a snake to guard the Ka’bah. The snake lived in the well guarding the gifts of the Ka’bah for over 500 years. Exposed to the wearing factors of nature the walls of the Ka’bah at the time of Quraish (slightly before the time Prophet received Prophethood) had become weak and part of the covering had also burnt, thus the Quraish decided to rebuild the Ka’bah. However, the snake prevented them from demolishing the Holy Ka’bah every time they tried. Finally they stood at the Place of Ibrahim and prayed, “Oh Allah if you are happy in its rebuilding then make it possible and take care of this snake.” Allah sent an eagle which took the snake towards Ajyaad. This snake is referred to in the forth opinion.”
Before the arrival of Islam, the Quraish tribe worshipped a pantheon of idol-gods. They were pagans. Yet, when these pagans prayed and entreated Allah, “Oh Allah if you are happy in its rebuilding then make it possible and take care of this snake,” Allah answered their prayers by transferring the snake. It must be remembered that it was Allah who first sent this snake to guard the treasures of the Ka’ba when it was still a pagan temple.
- Why did Allah send a snake to guard the pagan treasures of the Ka’ba?
- Why is a snake associated with both Shiva and Allah?
- Does not the fact that unlike the true God, Allah did not send an angel but a snake show the true nature of his authority?
- If you find a place of worship being guarded by a snake today, with which religion would you associate it?
- Would you associate it with Judaism, Christianity or Hinduism?
- Does not the fact that the pagans prayed to Allah calling upon his name means he was their god?
- Why did Allah answer the prayers of the pagans by transferring the snake?
- At the time when the pagans wanted to rebuild the Ka’ba, it was a pagan shrine housing 360 idols. Why was Allah happy to see the restoration of the Ka’ba when it was a pagan temple?
- The Qur’an tells us in Surah 2:125 that the Ka’ba was first built by Allah. How did the Ka’ba that was built by Allah become a pagan temple?
- If it was a pagan temple in the first place, how did it become the sacred place of Allah?
- Does not this tell us that Allah is unmistakably a pagan deity?
- Do not the evidences show that Islam is an offshoot of paganism?
- Can Islam then be associated with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
Judaism and Christianity do not practice the ritual of circumnavigation or circumambulation to please God. As shown, the other religion besides Islam that practices circumnavigation is Hinduism, a religion older than Islam itself. Ironically, Muslims accuse Hinduism of paganism and idolatry. The true religion is like a letter written in the name of God. Examining the contents of the letter is essential to determine whether it is of God or not. There are far too many similarities between Islam and Paganism for it to be a letter written in the name of the true God. Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would never incorporate such practices of the pagan nations as part of his sacred services for his worshippers. But Allah did.
(22) THE FAILURE OF ALLAH’S PROPHECY IN THE QUR’AN
Allah prophesized in no uncertain term in the Qur’an that a single Muslim warrior who ventures into battle, “will vanquish” ten-fold the number of his enemies – a ratio of 1 to 10. This is truly an astounding feat. Since this prophetic promise is made by Allah to Muhammad, it is to be achieved, not by the fighting skills or strength of the individual Muslim soldier but by the divine power of the all-knowing Allah.
Surah 8:65: “O Prophet! Rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers.” (Yusuf Ali)
But, this prophetic statement was abrogated shortly (one verse later) in the Qur’an. The reason for the abrogation was because the Muslim warriors complained bitterly at the impossible odds they would have to now encounter when they engage their enemies in battles.
“Abdullah told me that when this verse came down it was a shock to the Muslims who took it hard. They were afraid, as the odds were too great. So Allah relieved them and cancelled the verse with another: ‘Now has Allah relieved you and He knows that there is a weakness among you, so if there are 100 (rather than 20) they shall vanquish 200.’”
Thus, Allah abrogated his own prophecy and lowered the ratio from 1:10 to 1:2.
Surah 8:66: “For the present, Allah hath lightened your task, for He knoweth that there is a weak spot in you: But even so, if there are a hundred of you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred, and if a thousand, they will vanquish two thousand, with the leave of Allah: for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.” (Yusuf Ali))
OUR QUESTION IS:
- Why did Allah’s prophecy in Surah 8:65 fail in its fulfillment?
- Does not this prove that Allah is incapable of seeing through to the fulfillment of his prophecies?
- Does this not also prove that Allah cannot be the Almighty God as he claims to be?
- Why did Allah abrogate his own prophecy and replace it with a contradictory prophecy?
- Does not the fact that Allah got his prophecy wrong the first time shows that he is learning by trial and error just like any imperfect human?
- Does not this also prove that there is a failed prophecy in the Qur’an?
- Can a divine book contain a failed prophecy in it?
- Does not the existence of even one failed prophecy in the Qur’an sufficient to prove that the Qur’an is false?
- Since Allah abrogated his prophecy because of his warriors’ reluctance to fight against such odds, does not this prove that the fulfillment of Allah’s prophecy is dependent on the decisions of imperfect humans?
- How can the failings of humans to follow divine directions result in the failure of the fulfillment of Allah’s prophecy?
- Can the Word of God fail?
- Why did not Allah know that his warriors would be unable to cope with the demand to defeat their enemies ten times their number?
- Is it not so because Allah did not know the weakness of the Muslims?
- Why did not Allah know their weakness just one verse away?
- Does not this prove that Allah was ignorant?
- Does not the fact that the change made is quite significant – from 1:10 to 1:2 – only serves to prove Allah’s gross miscalculations?
- Why did Allah choose to lower the prophesized ratio from 1:10 to 1:2 instead of empowering his warriors with the needed strength and courage to measure up to task as predicted in his prophecy?
- Does not this prove that not only Allah was unaware of the situation but he was also powerless to do anything about it?
- How can Allah make a prophetic error even though he was dealing with one specific people, in one specific time period and in one specific location? If Allah does not know the present outcome of an event, can we trust him to know the future?
No matter how hard Muslims try to justify, it does not change the fact that Islam is false. The proof is everywhere. Muhammad was afraid of questions. Of course, he welcomed the ignorant questions of the desert Bedouins, but not from those who knew their Scriptures – the Jews and the Christians. It was a common occurrence for the Jews of his time to query Muhammad with a myriad of questions. When his answers were contradictory or nonsensical (as they often were), the people started to realize that he was just an ignorant cult leader, and not a prophet of God. Thus, Muhammad came up with the injunction against asking questions.
The renowned Muslim scholar, Maududi, warns Muslims against probing too deeply into Islam:
“The Holy Prophet himself forbade people to ask questions – so do not try to probe into such things.” (Maududi, “The Meaning of the Qur’an,” Vol. III, pgs. 76-77)
Islam cannot tolerate questions, because its belief system breaks down rapidly and easily when it is scrutinized closely in comparison with the true Abrahamic religions, which maintain well documented written records that predate Islam by thousands of years. Islam knows that the result of such comparative studies would raise many troubling questions in the minds of the Muslims.
That is why Islam tries to silence all those who not only criticize it but even dare question it. Questioning the tenents of Islam is viewed the same as criticizing it. And as a final counter measure, Islam carries the death penalty for those who leave it.
James 1:5: “So, if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him.”
Unlike Allah, Jehovah does not prevent his worshippers from asking? This is the hallmark of a true Creator. As our Creator, he knows that the asking of questions is one of the attributes of the human mind. He not welcomes our sincere questions but he also answers them. (Compare Genesis 18:20-33). As a God of truth, he has nothing to hide. Today, he answers us through his word, the Holy Bible. And Jesus too displayed the same mental attitude as his heavenly Father. He welcomed questions. In contrast, Muhammad became hot with anger when he was questioned. This proves that Muhammad was certainly a false prophet.
<<<<<< DEFENSE MISSION JERICHO >>>>>>